You will find the Dunnington Home Learning Protocols (September 2020) on the School Policies & Documents page of this website.
Please look in the homework area of the class pages to find work and activities for each year group.
There are lots of activities for you to try in the holidays on this page!
Keep your football skills up to speed with Mr Scoreby’s Football Drills.
We have collected some links to resources that you might want to explore below.
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group for each week, and have now added plans for the Summer term. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully. Click here to find out more.
Barefoot Computing have developed a range of resources with fun and creative activities to help you guide your child through fundamental parts of the computing curriculum – without the need for screen time!
To support parents and carers with home learning, the subject experts at STEM Learning (based at the STEM Centre, on the University Campus) have put together a selection of activities and materials, all of which are completely free for everyone to access.
- “PE with Joe” Every day from Monday to Friday at 9am “The Body Coach” live streams an energetic workout for your children (and you!) to join in with – you will find all the workouts here.
- David Walliams will be reading a story every morning at 11am for 30 days. See http://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/
- For an ‘out of this world’ experience, why not check out ‘Storytime from Space‘ – real astronauts reading stories on the international space station!
- Lots of videos from the Letters And Sounds channel on Youtube – excellent for Reception and Y1! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw/
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home:
- The Maths Factor https://www.themathsfactor.com/
- Carol Vorderman’s online maths tutoring site for primary school-aged children is free for everyone for the duration of the UK Schools closure period.
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- This says “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”