It would be great if you could spare some time to listen to your child read regularly and write a supportive comment every few days for them in their new reading record. Encouraging children to read regularly helps them to develop an enjoyment of books and also helps them to improve their writing skills.
Below are the links to the spelling homework for the term. Each week the children are given ten spellings to learn.
A spelling test will take place on a Friday on the indicated date.
- Year 3 spellings – Autumn 2016
- Year 4 spellings – Autumn 2016
- Year 3 Spellings Spring 2017
- Year 4 Spellings Spring 2017
- Year 3 Spellings Summer 2017
- Year 4 Spellings Summer 2017
High Frequency Words
Listed below are the first “High Frequency” words that children are expected to learn. There is also the list of statutory words that children are expected to know by the end of Year 4.
- High Frequency Word list – first 100 words
- Second 100 High frequency words
- Statutory word list for Years 3 and 4
During the year, children will be given a specific mental maths objective to work at each week. This included anything from (for example) addition, finding the difference, times tables, telling the time, multiplying and dividing by ten and so on.
Click on the link below for the Mental Maths homework objectives.
- Mental Maths Objectives Autumn 2016
- Mental Maths Objectives Spring 2017
- Mental maths Objectives Summer 2017
It is intended that the homework will take no more than 20 minutes to complete and there will be no expectation for children to take longer than this, if they find it challenging.
Homework Books will be sent out on a Monday and it will be collected in the following Friday. Children can return their Homework Books to the Homework Box at any point during the week!