- In the autumn term, children brought home exercise books to be used, if needed, for remote learning. Please contact the school office if you didn’t receive these and arrangements will be made for you to collect them.
- Teachers are now planning the same lessons for children regardless of whether they are in school or at home.
- For pupils in Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3, the Seesaw Platform will be used to access all learning resources.
- For pupils in Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6, Google Classroom will be used to access all learning resources.
- You should already have received log in details for the relevant platform but please contact your child’s class teacher if these have been lost/misplaced.
- For more information including contact details, please see the letter sent home on the 5th January 2021.
If your child is struggling with any aspect of home learning (academically or emotionally) please drop a message/email to their teacher or to Mrs Hancy – this is important. We will do our utmost to offer support.
- Click here for the Dunnington Home Learning Protocols (updated December 2020)
- Click here for the Dunnington Google Meet Protocol
We have also collected some additional links below to resources that you might want to explore to support your child’s learning.
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group for each week. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully. Click here to find out more.
Barefoot Computing have developed a range of resources with fun and creative activities to help you guide your child through fundamental parts of the computing curriculum – without the need for screen time!
To support parents and carers with home learning, the subject experts at STEM Learning (based at the STEM Centre, on the University Campus) have put together a selection of activities and materials, all of which are completely free for everyone to access.
- Oxford Owls have an entire library of free e-books that you can read
- For an ‘out of this world’ experience, why not check out ‘Storytime from Space‘ – real astronauts reading stories on the international space station!
- Lots of videos from the Letters And Sounds channel on Youtube – excellent for Reception and Y1 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw/
- “PE with Joe” is coming back! Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays at 9am from Monday 11/1/21
PE with Joe is back Monday 11th January at 9am(UK time) ❤️ Please Retweet and let as many parents and schools as possible know 🙌🏽 The sessions will be live Mon, Wed & Fri’s at 9am on YouTube 📺 pic.twitter.com/mbi3wXv2Nz
— Joe Wicks (@thebodycoach) January 4, 2021