Homework in Year 2…
- It is absolutely fine to help your child with homework and we ask you to note on the homework how much support, if any, you have given your child.
- If you are unsure about any aspect of the homework then please do not hesitate to approach us.
- Reading – We kindly ask that you listen to your child read as often as you can. We also encourage you to ask your child questions about what they are reading to ensure they understand the text as well as just reading the words.
- Spelling– All children have spellings to learn in school and at home that are based on the Year 2 common exception words. They will be given a few words each week and be tested on a Wednesday. These will be marked and sent home the following day.
- Mad Maths – this is a mental maths challenge that is both home and school based. Please look at the separate letter and learning objectives by following the link below.
If you have any questions about any of the homework then please feel free to get in touch with us. As always, we greatly value you supporting your child in their learning at home and thank you for all your continued efforts and support.