We are delighted to say that we have again been successful in our submission for the School Games Gold award!
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Participating in this process allows schools to evaluate their PE provision and assists them in developing an action plan for future progress.
Schools need to demonstrate how they are/have:
- maintaining and growing your school’s engagement in the School Games and your delivery of 60 active minutes for every child
- create positive experiences by ensuring physical activity and competition provision is designed to reflect the motivation, competence and confidence of your young people and has a clear intent
- a clear focus on transition points and how secondary schools engage in the School Games
- create positive experiences to support character development of targeted young people
- advocated to key stakeholders how the School Games makes a meaningful difference to the lives of children and young people, including engaging and educating parents.